Planning a wedding is not one of the easiest tasks one can undergo but by following a few suggestive ideas can help lessen the complexities of the process and also ease the associated stress from having to attend to each and every detail that wedding coordination requires. Prioritizing the requirements for your wedding is the first step towards accomplishing this goal. If a wedding planner does not fit into the budget and you’ve chosen to take the chore upon yourself, creating a list of priorities is not only a good idea but a must if you want to insure a smooth walk into matrimony.
1) Create a List of Prerequisites – The first and foremost priority for the bride and groom is to create a list of what is required for your wedding day. Basically, it is a list of the fundamentals. Decide what you both want for your ceremony and reception, keeping the “absolutely necessaries” at the top of the list and the “perhaps” items nearer to the bottom. The order of items originally listed will no doubt change as your wedding planning progresses, but creating the initial list is the most crucial first step in organizing the event.
2) Budget Limits – Another top priority is to settle on the maximum cost you want to spend for your wedding. This includes both the ceremony and reception costs. If the budget is a real concern, consider eliminating what you believe to be of lesser importance such as a stretch limousine to accommodate your entire wedding party, for example, or an unwarranted amount of floral arrangements. If these things are important to you, rearrange the list and prioritize with these items closer to the top.
3) Type of Wedding Location – The bride and groom must decide upon what type of wedding location is most suitable for their wedding and it must be acceptable to both. Whether the location is to be a church, event center, or an outdoor beach wedding, it is important for the couple to both be content with the final decision.
4) Actual Wedding Location – After deciding upon what type of location you prefer, you must now decide on the actual location. Create a list of several different properties in the area you prefer and assess all the amenities each property possesses. Try not to fall in love with the first glamorous site you look at that may be too pricey without looking at other comparable venues that may be available at a lesser cost. Quite often you’ll find the most glamorous site is not quite as glamorous once compared to similar properties. Look around at all possibilities before making a decision, particularly if your finances are limited.
5) Create a Guest List – Keeping the guest list as a top priority is once again largely for those trying to maintain reasonable expenses in planning their wedding day. The more people attending obviously results in more money spent. Of course, you don’t want to leave anybody out that is significant to you, but limiting the number of attendees may be compulsory. Creation of a guest list will assist you in calculating cost, and prioritizing it will permit you to control the expenses by allowing you to eliminate where necessary. Make a complete list of all the possible guests you would like to have attending your event with the essentials at the top. Then, chop from the bottom as finances dictate.
6) Recruit Help with Planning – Wedding planning is time-consuming and can be a bit stressful. Wedding coordinators may cost but can surely lessen the strain. However, if the budget doesn’t allow you to hire one, don’t hesitate to look to parents or other family members for help. I’ve known many mothers of brides who thoroughly enjoy the task of helping their daughter plan this sacred event. Additionally, many times the wedding party is willing to take on certain responsibilities in the planning process.
Though this certainly is not an exhaustive list of wedding day priorities, it is a start for a seemingly involved chore in the coordinating process. Listing the necessities and prioritizing when planning your wedding—particularly when you’re on a budget—is a must to assure that the significant items you require for your special occasion are included. Furthermore, it allows you to eliminate the unnecessary and possibly circumvent adverse mistakes. It will be a challenge at times, but once these few important steps have been accomplished the rest of the planning should come a little easier. Successful planning warrants your event to be a success on the most important day of your life.
If planning your own wedding, checkout the Best Matrimonial Site For Professionals in India for some great ideas on possible venues for your ceremony and associated prices for an all inclusive Professional Matrimony Wedding.